Brown Soda Bread with scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and avocado
SERVES 4 SUPER EASY
One of the great breakfast/ lunch/ brunch dishes. The bonus is that it is healthy and super tasty.
- 8 large free–range eggs
- 40g (1 1/2oz) butter, diced and well chilled
- 8 slices Rankin Selection brown soda bread
- 200g (7oz) smoked salmon slices
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Break the eggs into a jug and season with salt and pepper, then lightly whisk. Melt a knob of the butter in a medium non–stick saucepan and then add the eggs. Stir gently with a wooden spoon or spatula but no not whisk. Once they are cooked, remove from the heat and stir in the rest of the butter to prevent them from cooking further. This will also keep them creamy.
Lightly toast the brown soda bread in a toaster or under the grill. Arrange on warmed plates and top with the scrambled eggs. Scatter over the avocado and red onion and give each one a light dusting of black pepper to serve.