Quick breakfast fruit loaf crumble with coconut
SERVES 4–6 SUPER EASY
I love crumble and often eat it for breakfast with some natural yoghurt. This one is meant to be simple healthy, fast and tasty.
- 4 Golden Delicious or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 12 pitted prunes, chopped
- 3–4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp melted raw coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
FRUIT LOAF TOPPING
- 2 tbsp melted raw coconut oil
- 1 large free–range egg white
- 5 slices Rankin Selection fruit loaf, crusts removed and torn into 3cm (1 1/2in) pieces
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 packet seed shot with goji berries (about 2 tbsp)
- icing sugar, to dust
- handful of lightly toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- natural yoghurt, to serve
Preheat the oven to 190C (375F), Gas mark 5. Place the apples in a bowl with the prunes, sugar, coconut oil and water and toss until evenly combined. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and scatter over the bananas.
Meanwhile, make the topping. Whisk together the coconut oil and egg white in a large bowl until frothy. Fold in the fruit loaf and then scatter over the baked fruit and banana mixture. Sprinkle over half of the sugar and then scatter over the seed shot with goji berries.
Finish with an even sprinkling of the rest of the sugar and bake for 12–15 minutes until caramelised and crisp. Dust with icing sugar and scatter over the coconut flakes, if using. Serve at once straight to the table with a bowl of yoghurt.